Yummy scrummy Brioche

The French know a thing or two about food, but for me their bread is unrivalled. Brioche is quite simply a buttery 'bread' wonder. If you love bread and butter pudding you will love it even more made with brioche.

I adapted a super indulgent Michel Roux recipe and used the Thermomix timings and technique in journal of a French foodie.

Ingredients: 500g plain flour, 15g salt, 1 pkt dried yeast, 70ml tepid milk, 6 eggs, 70g icing sugar, 250g softened unsalted butter. Eggwash (an egg yolk mixed with 1 tblsp milk) to give a gorgeous rich glaze.

Bread made in the Thermomix is a cinch. Make icing sugar in the TM jug. Add and heat milk to tepid (37°) at speed 2 for 2 minutes breaking eggs through the lid. You can substitute eggs with milk so compare the recipe the mentioned above and make it work for you. Add the yeast and flour and knead at interval setting for 4 minutes. Add the softened butter through the lid and knead on interval (dough) setting for a further 6 minutes. Add the salt in this process.

I love the technique used here because all the proving happens in the TM jug. Leave the lid on and set aside. After 2 hours the measuring cup will be being push off the lid by the rising dough! When proved, tip the dough out, knock it back and make it into your desired shape. It will make two loaves. If you have a traditional brioche tin, great. If not, three part plaits, are easy and look good. I made one loaf and 9 mini brioche.

Once you have made the appropriate shapes leave to rise in a warm place (50°C) ideally the plate warming oven in an aga for around 30 minutes. Brush with eggwash and bake for 20-25 minutes (keep an eye to avoid burning) in baking aga or 180°C

Thanks for visiting!

9 Comments Add yours

1. hereisandrea says:

I love the smell of home baked bread and I love to eat it even more. Your brioche really looks wonderful and yummy!

1. vannillarock says:

Thank you so much. My baking blog is taking a bit of a back seat as I try a month of Paleo😩😩
      I hope to be back with gluten free goodies in the near future.

1. hereisandrea says:

Great! I’m looking forward to it 🙂

2. Janine says:

This looks great! Just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy reading your blog and the variety of recipes that you post. I’ve nominated you for the Liebster blog award. For full details, check out this post: http://thequietbaker.wordpress.com/2013/06/11/liebster-award/#more-3786 =]

1. vannillarock says:

I really appreciate your kind comments. Thanks for taking time. 🙂

1. Janine says:

No problem, I found its a fun way to connect to others =]

3. Nora says:

Glad my post inspired you to make brioche, yours are looking absolutely scrumptious, especially the individual ones: they look so French!

1. vannillarock says:

Thank you! They were a huge success. Thank you for the suggestion about proving in the TM jug. Brilliant.

i'd love to hear from you...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s