I make a lot of soup and experiment a lot with different flavours but as far as blogging goes they rarely appear- I think it's because soup doesn't make the exciting photographs! So here is my culinary diversion – a heart warming broccoli and crumbly Cheshire cheese soup.
- 4 banana shallots, halved
- 50g butter
- 4 sticks celery
- 3 medium potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 litre of chicken stock ( if you not making this in a Thermomix TM go ahead and add 1.5 litre)
- 800g broccoli, if you use the purple sprouting sort, it will produce a beautiful colour and flavour.
- 300g Cheshire cheese – for a stronger flavoured use a mild blue ( we are not big on blue cheeses)
- Crème fraîche croutons to garnish
Put the butter, shallots, celery and potatoes into TM bowl and chop speed 4, 7 seconds. Sauté for 7 minutes /100°/speed 1
Add the stock and cook for 12minutes/100°/speed1
Add the broccoli spears, seasoning and cook for around 3 minutes/100°/speed 1 until stalks tender. Do NOT overcook the broccoli – if you are using purple young broccoli it will require less time.
Purée speed8 until smooth.
Pop the crumbled cheese into TM bowl before serving.
To serve, add a swirl of crème fraîche and croutons, if using.
Start a conversation 🙂