This cup cake flower basket was so easy that I will make it again and get every cupcake looking a bit more like a perfect rose- but I think this is good enough to post.
All you need is a container, big enough to take a round flower oasis. You can use wet or dry types of oasis. I had to buy dry as my floral supplier was out of that size in 'wet', -sold out, she says, because of high demand by cake makers!
- Weigh down your basket with stones.You do need this for stability, especially as you are going to ice it after they are on the sphere.
- Simply cover the oasis in cling film and them place it securely in the container, sellotaping to the container.
- Cover with tissue paper or pretty napkin and Sellotape that securely.
- Fix the cupcakes to the sphere using cocktail sticks. I managed to fix 21 to this oasis.
- Pipe frosting using a closed or open nozzle as shown above.
If you start in the centre I think you get a better look. Apply even pressure- easier said than done and watching some of the wonderful cake makers on YouTube makes one feel quite inferior.
Take a photograph, stand back, and pat yourself on the back!