Thermomix brownies

I am having fun working through I love chocolate, the Thermomix book which not only weighs a kilo, but making and eating the recipes ensures you put on a kilo! Like Dani Valent's In the Mix book which I featured in a previous post it features the recipes of several established, talented chefs who use their Thermomix in inventive and interesting ways.

I adapted John Slattery's chocolate pecan brownie recipe for my fundraising effort.

My preferred chocolate

You'll need

200g dark chocolate
40g strong coffee ( I use an espresso measure of nespresso)
120g soft cubed butter
220g caster sugar (grind this first from granulated)
Seeds from a vanilla pod ( don't forget to add the pod skin to your jar of vodka infused pods)
2 whole eggs and 1 egg yolk
130g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder

A pinch of salt
20g of cocoa powder – I used Mexican cocoa powder, you could ring changes with powdered salted caramel)
100g pecans broken (take care if you pulse in TM or it will be powder!)

A 20x30cm throw away tray bake foil tin is perfect for this. preheat y,our oven to 180°C. I used the baking oven of the aga.

Melt the chocolate and coffee in the TM bowl at 50°C for about 5 minutes, sp 2.

Add all the ingredients except the pecans ( if using) and mix for 30 seconds speed 5.

Add pecans and stir gently on reverse action speed 3 for 15 seconds.

Tip into the foil tin ans spread evenly with a palette knife.

Bake for 20-25 minutes. I like my brownies gooey so I tend towards 20 minutes, but all ovens are different.

I scattered some white chocolate drops onto one tray before baking.

Enjoy!

10 Comments Add yours

1. I just tried to put my hand through the screen. I didn’t even think about it, I just wanted to grab one of those. Yes, they look that good.

1. vannillarock says:

Hahaha! Thank you 🙂

2. cheergerm says:

Mmm….I hear you on the Callebaut.

1. vannillarock says:

Haha! Yes, have you used it?

1. cheergerm says:

Yes, I use it quite a bit. It’s worth the extra pennies…(although sometimes when I am baking for the kidlets alone i have been known to use something not quite as fabulous…unfortunately, they have a taste for the ‘good stuff’…) glad but sad…ha ha…

2. vannillarock says:

Totally agree. It’s a bit like cooking with wine- if you wouldn’t drink it, don’t add it to your dish. Thanks for visiting 🙂

3. You’re killing me, Anne!

1. vannillarock says:

Hahaha. Thankfully they all sold and none passed my lips.

4. Elizabeth says:

Looks delicious, but I don’t know where to find ” vanilla pod ” maybe I can replace with vanilla syrup?

1. vannillarock says:

I buy vanilla pods in bulk as it’s a lot cheaper. Vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste would also work. Thanks for visiting and let me know if you make them. Anne

i'd love to hear from you...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w