For many years my go to tart au citron is here. As a food blogger though I have to try variations in great staples especially when low sugar and food intolerant alternatives appear. This tart ticks some of these boxes. I use a spelt pastry case – you can find it here.
lemon and mascarpone tart
- 4 large eggs + 2 egg yolks beaten
- 4 large lemons – finely grated zest and juice, (about 160ml)
- 160g maple syrup
- 1 250g tub mascarpone
- Beat the mascarpone in TM bowl until creamy. Whisk attachment sp 3/4
- Pour the beaten eggs and maple syrup through the lid sp3
- Add lemon juice and zest and mix well
- Pour into cooled pastry case. It helps to place the tart case on a baking tray and pour the liquid into pastry case while on the oven shelf.
- Bake at 300°F/150°C for 50/55 minutes. Take care not to over cook. There will still be a slight wobble.
This Thermomix adaptation comes from Amber Rose book Love Bake Nourish