This cake is really special! I have adapted it from the Amber Rose's Love Bake Nourish, a book whose recipes I have feature previously. Her recipes work, they use alternative flours and sweeteners, and are easily adapted to substitute your own favourite ingredients. I have adapted for the Thermomix but you could happily mix this up in a stand mixer. This quantity will make a stunning 10″ centrepiece cake but I wanted to be able to give away/freeze, so I baked in a mini loaf pan- Being friendly with a food blogger is a friendship which keeps on receiving LOL.
pistachio honey drizzle cake
- 100g pistachios
- Zest of 2 oranges
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 90g ground almonds/almond flour
- 200g coconut flour (or semolina flour)
- 220g white spelt flour
- Large pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 150g oil ( I used 75g olive oil and 75g rapeseed)
- 240g Greek style yogurt
- 100g honey
- 1 tbls pistachio paste (optional)
- For the citrus syrup- 50g honey and juice of an orange and a lemon
- Roughly Grind nuts sp6, set aside (take care not to finely chop) these are added to the syrup drizzle
- Grind the orange and lemon rind with the sugar sp8 for a few seconds
- Add flours, baking powder, salt, eggs, oil, yogurt, honey and pistachio paste (if using).
- Mix well sp 4. This is a big quantity so stop and mix with a spatula once or twice.
- Empty into prepared tins and bake in preheated oven. 30 minutes for large tin or 20 minutes for mini loaves.
- Check for doneness
- While cakes baking make the citrus honey drizzle
- In the TM bowl heat the honey and orange and lemon juice at 100° for 5 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Add the juice to the chopped pistachios
- Skewer the top of the hot cake and pour the pistachio mix over the cake.
Follow me on Instagram!