- 400g full cream milk, brought to 37°
- 7g instant yeast
- 1 egg, beaten
- 650g strong bread flour
- 10g salt
- 10g honey
- 50g softened, unsalted butter (or oil)
- Salt, sesame, poppy seeds mixed with 40g milk for glazing.
- Heat the milk in TM bowl until it reaches 37°. If this is straight out of the fridge it'll take more than 3minutes, sp2
- Add the dried yeast and mix for 30 seconds, sp2
- Weigh in flour, salt, butter, honey, egg
- Mix on dough setting, 4 minutes
- Leave to rise in TM bowl until doubled in size (if you can't spare it for an hour, empty into bowl, cover and leave in warm spot)
- Knock back by mixing on dough setting for 40 seconds
- Empty onto silicone mat and divide into 12-14 evenly sized pieces. Either put into prepared mini loaf tins, or roll each piece and knot.
- Leave to rise by placing in big plastic bag for around 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 230°C/450°F
- Brush each roll with the seeded salted milk
- Place well risen rolls into hot oven for 5 minutes before lowering temperature to 200°C/400°F
- Bake for further 10 minutes. If you have made 14 or more small rolls keep an eye.
- I baked on floor of roasting oven for 5 minutes before moving to baking oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Enjoy with homemade lemon curd.
Thanks for visiting! I am always interested if you have any comments 🙂
Have a great day.