While I annoyed with myself at not snapping the oozing pistachio filling coming out of these little beauties I must still post the product and the recipe. This was one of my dinner party dessert at the weekend and because the preparation had to happen after the main course, a camera was honestly the last thing on my mind.
Lakeland UK sell a silicone two part kit which will give you perfect result every time.alternatively create your own using an ice tray for the filling. I used one of the many recipes supplied with the silicone mould kit.
chocolate fondant desserets
Make the pistachio filling in advance and freeze
- For the filling you'lol need
- Egg yolk
- 25gcaster sugar
- 100g crème fraîche
- 15g pistachio paste
- Mix the egg yolk and sugar to a paste
- In the TM bowl or a saucepan bring the crème fraîche to the boil before adding the well mixed egg yolk and sugar
- Mix under thickened 80° sp4
- Stir in the pistachio paste.
- Because of the small quantity involved you may prefer to do this in a saucepan on the hob.
- Divide mixture into the silicone filling mounds or ice tray.
Preheat oven to 180°C/365°F (I used lower baking oven in Aga)
For the chocolate sponge you'll need
- 5 eggs
- 120g caster/bakers sugar
- 200g good quality chocolate chips- I use 70% callebaut
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50g self raising flour
- Either in the TM bowl with whisk attachment or a stand mixer, whisk eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Don't get bored! The consistency will change and it have significantly increased in volume and changed colour.
- I whisked mine in a bowl with a hand held mixer and weighed the chocolate and butter into the TM bowl. Remember I was doing this between courses so I didn't want to be whisking for minutes on end at this point.
- Melt the chocolate and butter either in TM bowl at 50° or in saucepan or very carefully in microwave
- Stir flour into the whisked egg mixture before folding in the chocolate.
- Fill your silicone container about ¼ of way up
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes
- Remove and add frozen pistachio filling and remaining sponge mixture
- Bake for 20-25 minutes keeping an eye on them in last 7 minutes – ovens vary!!
- Remove from oven and you'll notice the sponge coming away from the silicone. Briefly leave until cool enough to handle – don't leave to cool though! Serve on pretty serving plates immediately. They won't need custard but crème fraîche works well.
Happy baking !