Chutneys are jams are high on the list of reasons to own a Thermomix. Making home made jam where you pile the ingredients in, set the temperature and timer and walk away to get on with other things is a big win win.
Onion chutney/jam is a wonderful accompaniment to cheese but it is also a ‘secret’ ingredient in my long list of quiche.
Without any more chat here is a fail safe recipe which will delight -it makes slightly more than fills a standard jam jar – which means you just have to eat the remainder!
red onion chutney
a fridge essential and oh so pretty
Credit : may have been from the Australian thermomix recipe community
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 700g red onion
- 55g good balsamic vinegar
- 55g extra virgin olive oil
- 60g soft dark brown sugar ( or up to 75g according to taste)
- Peel garlic clove(s) and throw onto running blades speed 8
- Peel and thinly slice the onions
- Put the onions, olive oil, vinegar into TM bowl
- Cook 30 minutes,varoma,reverse, speed 2, MC OFF
- Scrape down sides of bowl
- Add sugar, cook 5 minutes,Varoma, reverse, speed 2, MC OFF
- Spoon into jar, refrigerate
Enjoy! I am always delighted to have feedback so please browse my old recipes. Have a great day and happy cooking.