Who is vannilla?

Welcome! And thanks for clicking to see who is behind the blog. I love to bake, feed people, travel, take pictures, and keep up to date with technology. Having two blogs keeps me on my toes, but I need that! My other blog @vannilla is my travel/photography blog.

Vannilla came from my name Anne and I just like it!

“From little rock to big sky state”…

Sometimes my blogs will be winging their way into some cloud or other from a little rock (24sq miles) in the English Channel, Guernsey.This is my main home.It is a self governing island( population c63,000) just off the coast of north west France.if people have heard of guernsey it tends to be our cows they have heard of. in more recent times, many Americans have read or heard of the book The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel pie Society.

At other times they will be written from the 48th state, Arizona (114,000sq miles). Arizona is a popular destination for Canadian snowbirds and American citizens from the northern states where the winter often last for many months. it is much less well known to Brits (though many Brits do have homes in Florida- they have clearly marketed their state better). i often think of Arizona as my best kept secret when people quizzically ask ‘why Arizona?’ Dry heat is right up there as a good enough starter.

I can’t think that the two destinations have anything in common which is probably why its such a great mix.

I am totally ‘bilingual’ in cups and grams, Fahrenheit and Centigrade , inches and centimetres. In the early days i did use cup measures in posts but it really went against the grain- i believe that bakers should use weight (as opposed to volume) for consistent results so i will follow my beliefs and try to convert as many of my american readers as possible to buy a set of digital scales.

I love to hear you comments and if you try one of my recipes please let me know.

Have a wonderful day and thank you so much for popping in to see who I am!

37 Comments Add yours

1. Thank you for the follow! You have a great blog here, and I look forward to reading your posts. And trying some of your recipes!

1. vannillarock says:

You are very welcome. I think you may have been directed here instead of my photography blog @vannilla- hope you can take a peek there too.

2. thatssojacob says:

Hey there! Found your blog at random. Gave you a follow; if you like, come join me in my weird world at http://www.thatssojacob.wordpress.com. Take care and have a great day!

3. Anita says:

Hello, Anne! Thank you for visiting and following my blog. Your yummy, yummy recipes have reminded my sister and me to work on our must-postponed baking. We’re nowhere as good as you are (we’re still learning), but I’ll be visiting your blog frequently to look up your recipes!

1. vannillarock says:

Hi Anita ! And thank you for the follow on my baking blog. I hope you do find something to inspire- let me know if you try any. I think you may have been sent to my baking blog due to my default setting. I was browsing other WPC silhouette entries from my travel photography blog- very confusing ! If you’d like to take a peek there is a link on the page of vannillarock. My photography blog is @vannilla. love that silhouette shot you took on the cliffs.

1. Anita says:

I’m happy that you liked my photo, thank you once again.

I did visit both of your blogs, but chose to comment on this one. πŸ™‚ I too have experienced the confusion from having different blogs — I have a couple of blogs myself. I guess that’s what makes me pay attention to other people’s multiple-blog scenarios. πŸ™‚

4. OK, now I can’t decide if you are an American or British. My guess is that your are an American who is lucky enough to travel? have a home? in Guernsey! In any case, love the photographs and sweets you’re seining out…

1. vannillarock says:

Hi Rhonda, well that proves I wrote that badly LOL! I am scot who spends most of her time in guernsey in the Channel Islands, but who is fortunate enough to have a holiday home in Arizona. Thanks for having a look through my recipes and I hope you find something you like πŸ™‚

1. Sounds like an enviable way to spend your days!! And do you spend much time in Sctoland?

2. vannillarock says:

Yes, I am very lucky. As for Scotland, not as much as I would like.

5. Thanks for following my blog “Eyes to Heart.” Your posts look absolutely decadent. Guess I’ll be seeing you around. πŸ˜‰ … Cheerz! Dorothy

1. vannillarock says:

You are very welcome! Decadent- well thank you for that compliment πŸ™‚ I hope to continue in that vein Anne

6. VisitSiena says:

thank you for following my blog ! happy that you like it πŸ™‚ what an interesting blog you have! for sure will be back here πŸ™‚

1. vannillarock says:

thank you! i think you have been visiting my photography blog, @vannilla,for a little while, but my comments link back to my primary blog- the baking one. enjoy!

7. Vannillarock – you’ve got yourself a mouth-watering site here! And now I even know where Guernsey is (and thanks for adding another “country” to my blog :-). Looks like you jet-set back and forth between Arizona and Guernsey? How did you get so lucky. Thank you so much for following my blog today.

1. vannillarock says:

You are very welcome. Indeed, I am very fortunate and like to bear that in mind every day! Now you know what that tiny dot in the English channel is πŸ™‚ I have a photography blog – which is how I found yours- but wordpress makes you designate a primary blog, hence your redirection to my baking blog. Glad you like it though. Anne

8. Hi Vanillarock, thanks for the follow! You’ve got splendid recipes, the images makes it look so tempting. I feel the weight coming on just looking at the photos, my resistance to a nice cake or desert is nil…

1. vannillarock says:

Haha! You are very welcome. Just looking is safe for the waistline πŸ™‚

9. I don’t have a sweet tooth, but I’m loving the pictures and I’m generally amazed when bakers produce these edible works of art. I’m a fan of the Great British Bake Off.

1. vannillarock says:

Oh thank you! The GBBO is great show even though it can be very frustrating. Thanks for stopping by!

10. So glad to have come across your lovely blog. I am looking forward to following along. Don’t worry about feeling like an “amateur”, your work is great. Enjoy the creative process and have fun as you develop your style. By the way, I too blog from the great state of Arizona. πŸ™‚

1. vannillarock says:

Thank you, I need encouragement! You are very kind. I look forward to catching up with your site.

i'd love to hear from you...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s